Saturday, May 12, 2012

Poem: How It Happens



How It Happens

Line by line,
verse by verse,
sometimes dissonant,
sometimes lyrical and agonizing,
filled
with surprises, pain
and soaring pleasure,
life unfolds
like Scheherazade's stories,
full of just enough
mystery
to keep you alive
one more day.

======================

This poem was inspired by a line in David King's poem today (It has no title, so you will have to look for his May 12th poem), a half line that I blatantly stole to travel somewhere completely different with .

If you have not read King's poetry, you should. He's wonderful and wonderfully prolific. An almost daily read for me.

The picture is of a painting I have been working on. I had no image that caught the poem, so I grabbed this one, since like most art, and all life, it is a work in progress.

Tom


No comments: