Thursday, January 22, 2009

Poem: My Desk is Cluttered


My Desk is Cluttered

My desk is cluttered
with cards from loved ones, children and strangers,
with small boxes holding treasures that are mine alone,
with sand in a bottle, a tiny armadillo,
and an old brass compass.

My desk is cluttered
with candles that sway
like a grape vine in a summer breeze,
or a woman dancing slowly in the night.

My desk is cluttered
with a stone black and white,
rounded like riverstones everywhere,
but full of magic,
from the depths of Merlin's cave
in far Tintagle.

And when I die, few will know
how much love clutters my desk.
or know the magic that lives there,
or the power it provides,
or the joy.
Ah yes, the joy!

===========

The picture really is of my desk, taken tonight, although I gave it the "old" feel by using software, imaging what a picture of my desk might look like in a hundred years. You can click on it for a larger version.

Tom

No comments: