Friday, May 16, 2008

Poetry Wednesday?

I was a big fan of Poetry Thursday, a writer's prompt site for poets that used to post a new prompt each Thursday, then urged poets to write to the prompt, and share a link to their poem in the comments section. I used their prompts many times when I was stuck, or just needed to break my mold for a poem or two, and I enjoyed reading what others wrote as well. But alas, the writers of Poetry Thursday went on to new and different things and the weekly prompts dried up.

Robert Brewer, who writes the "Poetic Asides" blog and the poetry newsletter for Writer's Digest, has taken up the cause, and is now posting a poetry prompt each Wednesday. So if you were a fan of Poetry Thursday, move your calendar up a day and restart your tradition, and restart your prompted poetry!

Tom

No comments: