Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Poem: Comfort in the Noise



Comfort in the Noise

The noise, a musical static
of lies and dreams,
like listening to French cafe music,
lyrical and incomprehensible,

a beauty in your head,
that says nothing,
but means everything.

=========================

The picture is of one of my practice sheets. I have recently begun taking art lessons with Rona, and am experimenting with water colors. Before I actually paint, I experiment with color on blank sheets of paper to see if I have the color I want.

Oddly (and this may say something about me as a water color artist) the other students find my practice sheets fascinating. My art? Less so. Hmmm


All the same, it caught the idea of noise for me, so here it is. You can click on it for a larger version. 

Tom

No comments: