Friday, November 11, 2011

Poem: Meditation in Saint Barts

Meditation in Saint Barts

Rain and snow fall outside,
and the city streets continue,
chaos as usual, commerce
and constant movement,

the daily dance
of an entire city,
of society hell bent
on their progress,

Unaware of the miracle
in their midst,
of the peace, so close,
yet invisible in front of their eyes.

-----------------------------------

Yesterday I shot some photographs at NFL headquarters for a client. After I was done, I noticed that next door to the NFL, which is on Park Avenue in New York City, was St. Barts. Rather than jump into my car and head home, I went to the church, and sat and listened to the organ master play. It was a time of peace and prayer, and coming back out was almost like an assault with all the noise and activity. And from that... this poem.

The picture was taken at St. Barts. You can click on it for a larger version. 

Tom

No comments: