Saturday, July 2, 2011

Poem: Psalm 28:1

Psalm 28:1

There are those who can wait,
whose minds are calmed by the mere act,
the mere knowing that the message is sent.
They are content to wait.

But not most of us. No.
Most of us cry in anguish,
our pain like a fire, burning our heart,

unrelenting, blistering, desperate
to hear more
than God's deafening silence.

=======================

This poem came out of my bible reading this morning. The first part of Psalm 28:1 reads:  "To you I call, O LORD my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit."


The photograph was taken at the American Frontier Museum in Staunton, Virginia. You can click on it for a larger version.

Tom

2 comments:

Margie said...

Lovely writing, Tom.
Thank you!

Tess Kincaid said...

I can certainly relate to this one. Yes.