Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Creativity is the ability to displace an idea

Several years ago, after a particular tumultuous time in my life, I took up meditation as a way to calm my mind and as part of my battle against depression. It's since become a regular part of my life. For a pretty mainline Christian, meditation, so steeped in eastern traditions, seemed a bit "out there", but my experience has been that practicing this eastern tradition doesn't intefere or endanger my Christian faith one bit.

And that realization has opened my mind to eastern thought in general. I regularly read things from Chinese, Japanese and Indian traditions to learn and grow. So I particularly enjoyed this interview with Raghavendra Rathore, from Inda, as he talked creativity, meditation and other things from a slightly different, for me at least viewpoint. The title of this post is one of his central ideas, and a valuable one.

Good, insightful, reading that makes you think.

Tom


No comments: