Monday, December 20, 2010

New York Times Magazine - the Idea Issue

I have recently rediscovered newspapers, and why we should all worry that they are slowly dying. No where else do we get the scope of thought in one place as newspapers. Yes, we can keep up with the "news" via web sites, but newspapers still give us more breadth of thought than new sites, which tend to be very focused. Every day I read the paper, I find things I did not know I should know, until I found them there.

Case in point, there is a marvelous issue of the New York Times Magazine out this week that is called the idea issue. And it's full of creative ideas from every walk of life. Absolutely stimulating! And it will likely only be around for a week, so go see it now! (or find a back issue to read! It's in Sunday's Times.)

Tom

No comments: