Monday, July 26, 2010

The Happiness Experiment

This is not strictly about creativity, but I have long doubted the theory that we creative types have to be dour, sad, tortured souls. Yes, often conflict and tough times provide fodder for creative projects, but so many of the artists I know are NOT tortured, but joyful. I like to think I fall into that category as well.

So how can we gain happiness? There is no one formula I think, but a lot of people look at it. Currently Oprah is featuring looks at different ways of building happiness in our lives. I really like how they went about what they call "The Happiness Experiment", and thought I would share it with you.

Tom

==============

The Happiness Experiment
Some of us are born smiling, but the truth is, most of us have to work at it. So what will it take to feel blissful? Find out what scientists and psychologists have to say about discovering authentic happiness within you.

No comments: