Thursday, January 1, 2009

Poem: Psalm 46:10


Psalm 46:10


Be still
and you will hear the wind in the trees on the mountain.
You will hear birds and the rustling of deer,
foraging in the night,
and the cry of a child, far in the distance.

Be still,
and you will see the frost on the grass,
an intricate painting of cold and life.
You will see the December moon bright in the darkness,
and the wave of corn fields basking in it's glow.

Be still,
and you will hear your own heart
as it pounds in fear and anticipation
of love yet to come,
or fears so terrible you cannot speak it.

Be still,
and know that I am God,

that I love you
and will dance with you
in the moonlight,
my own wind the music,
my love, the pounding in your heart.

==========

The picture was taken from my front porch the morning after Christmas. You can click on it for a larger version.

Tom

No comments: