Saturday, November 8, 2008

Photography: Fire Art

Last night my small group from church met on the church property. We had been clearing brush and trees and there were four large piles of logs, brush and sticks, which we set ablaze with diesel fuel. People brought their families and there were marshmallows, lots of conversation, and just a wonderful impromptu fellowship by the blaze of four bonfires.

I took my camera, and while I got some good pictures of the gathering, some were blurred because I did not use a tripod to stabilize the shots. In some cases however, that was good, because I got a whole series of found art (or fire art) shots, that were actually more interesting than the "good" pictures.

That's the way creativity works sometimes. You set out to do X, fail miserably and end up with something entirely different, and better!

You can click on the pictures for a larger view.

Tom

No comments: