Friday, October 17, 2008

Poem: A Seal Over My Heart


A Seal Over My Heart

(Song of Songs 8:6)

Let me hold you over my heart,
a soft embrace, a seal of my love
found only in the velvet touch
of love, stronger than death,

stronger than my deepest sins,
stronger than all our failings,
stronger than our humanity.

Let me hold you over my heart,
a protection from the world around us
that can only come together,
for we have proved the weakness of aloneness
well enough.

Let me hold you over my heart,
and find the courage to risk failure,
for the hope of a love
stronger than pain.

================

The reference verse was from my bible reading today. It reads "Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm, for love is as strong as death." The picture was taken in Las Vegas where I chanced on the couple shown.

Tom


No comments: