Monday, October 13, 2008

Poem: Magical Green


Magical Green

You have aimed your camera upward
hundreds of times, upward
through the layers of leaves
with the sun filtering through
in a magical sunlit green
that you can never capture,

a product of the moment
that is beyond technology
or description,
God's gift,
just for you,
and only for the moment.
You snap in vain,
but it does not matter,

for in his generosity,
he fills our lives with moments of beauty,
one after another,
all around us,
not to be captured,
but to be treasured.

===============

I have been trying to capture a certain color of sunlight green for years with my camera. The photo about is about as close as I have actually come, and believe me when I say, it is not close to the real thing. It's like the holy grail for me and my camera, unobtainable, yet within my grasp, and thinking on that... came this poem. You can click on the picture for a larger version.

Tom

No comments: